Providing E-Mail Subscription To A Particular Blog Category
With WP Responder, you can provide e-mail subscription to posts of a particular category.
Why Provide Blog Category Subscriptions?
To Manage Different Audiences On The Same Blog –
Suppose you have an Internet Marketing blog. You would write on e-mail marketing, affiliate marketing, direct mail, search engine optimization and so many different areas. But some of your website visitors will be interested only in a particular area and would rather NOT read or receive your other blog posts via e-mail. To provide specialized subscription like this you can use blog category subscriptions.
Before you can do this you must have:
- You should have installed WP Responder.
- You should have created a newsletter.
- You must have created some post categories to which visitors will subscribe.
Steps To Provide E-mail Subscription To Particular Post Categories
In this step I will show you how to subscribe visitors to the “E-mail marketing
” category on my blog.
- Go to [Newsletters] > Subscription Forms
- Click on Create New Form button:
- Fill out the basic form information:
- Under the Subscription to blog content section select “Automatically send posts only under the [DropDownField] category”. Select the appropriate category in the drop down menu.
- Fill out the rest of the form and then click on “Create Form And Get Code” button:
You will immediately get the HTML code for this form:
Inserting the Subscription Form In A Blog Post
Currently there isn’t any automatic method of making the subscription form appear below every post or on the sidebar. You must manually insert the subscription form code in your blog posts.
When creating a new post or editing an existing one, insert the HTML code you were provided in the 5th step into the source code. Click on the HTML
tab in the rich text editor as show in the image above.
Paste the source code :
And then click on Publish/Update
In future versions WP Responder may provide a feature to automatically insert subscription forms below blog posts.